Actually, there is a list of video formats that can be uploaded to Facebook according to Facebook official website, such as MKV, MP4, FLV, MOV, etc. But if the video you are uploading is the best video format for Facebook, it can save you a lot of potential troubles. For example, while uploading the videos, there may be an error caused by the format issue. Consequently, if we choose the right format to upload, we may stop this kind of mistakes from happening.
The Best Video Format for Facebook
There are two video formats recommended by Facebook official website, MP4 and MOV. However, we highly recommend MP4 as your preferred option when it comes to uploading the video to your Facebook account. There are multiple reasons that make MP4 the best choice for your uploading progress, and they are listed as below:
1. Smaller than any other video formats. MP4 has a perfect balance between the video size and quality over other kinds of video formats.
2. High quality (not lossy during uploading). MP4 can maintain as much of its quality as possible during the upload process.
3. Most compatible among all video formats (can be played on almost all media players and devices). MP4 and MOV both have the ability to maintain their quality during the uploading, but MP4 has a relatively wider range of compatibility. MP4 can be played on Microsoft, Android, and iOS devices, even some DVD players.
What if My Video is Not MP4?
Video Converter Ultimate – Top MP4 converter
Video Converter Ultimate might be the best tool to convert all common video format to MP4 format. Do not hesitate to have a try for the free trial version.DownloadDownload
What should I do if my video is not MP4 format then? You can choose to convert the video into MP4. Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is a powerful converter that can convert any video formats into MP4, and also other video formats, of course. Besides, the conversion process is so simple with just a few clicks. If you wonder how you can convert videos, you can visit Video Converter Ultimate. There are lots of tutorials showing you how to use the converter such as How to Convert TS to MP4 Format. It should be noticed that Video Converter Ultimate doesn't deal with converting protected DVD discs considering the importance of copyright protection.
More Tips for Uploading Videos to Facebook
Actually there are also a few additional tips that you should keep in mind, which can help you avoid making mistakes when uploading the videos.
1. Make sure the video size you are uploading is no larger than 4GB, or the duration is no longer than 120 minutes in total, which is pointed out in Facebook official website. Keep in mind that the longer your video is, the larger it will be, and also the longer it will take to upload the video.
2. Check if your browser needs upgrading. Sometimes the old version of browser tends to be more often out of order. If not, you should check for the latest version of the browser.
3. Sometimes the reason why you can't upload lies on the poor network environment you are in. It would be better if you make sure you network is stable in case it broke down during the uploading process.
You now should be able to upload your videos to your Facebook account in a safer and faster way after you finish this article.